Monday, August 28, 2017

Shadow Play


"Looking at the sun through a plastic light bulb cover, eclipse phase to the left"




Last Monday was the epic solar eclipse of 2017.  The weather was actually nice with a little breeze in the air. {M} and I made a viewing station out of a cereal box, and multiple items that would cast a circle to view the phases. My other children were able to see the eclipse through glasses at their schools. If we're Facebook friends you may have seen the trippy recording from my phone. Our local radio station 96.9 The Eagle was playing a list of songs having to do with the sun, moon, and space exploration. I was hoping to get some great photos with the camera but the whole not being able to look at and focus on the sun made that impossible. I'll have to redeem myself when it comes to a lunar Eclipse. Blessings to you all as we enter a new week, may it treat us all well.








                     "Reach for the Moon and land among the Stars"                   





















5 comments:

  1. These are really unique pictures, Holly. That one looks like angel wings. I didn't look at the eclipse either, but I did go outside around that time and notice it getting darker in the morning hours, so strange.

    I hope your kids are off to a good start this school year.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love these photos Holly!!! Very unique and beautiful! We really didn't get the eclipse where I was in Canada.
    Wishing your kids all the best going back to school!
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the silhouettes. They look... ethereal, as they should for such a day. And your closing quote is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed the eclipse..
    looks like you had fun...love your photos:)

    ReplyDelete