Monday, June 19, 2017

Homestead Garden Report

Casa Sol y Luna is finally officially on Summer break and we are having our fare share of fun bowling, going to the movies and enjoying new eateries. Experiencing out of home activities is great but the home and garden are still an everyday job for me. Here's whats been growing in the garden this past week.

 The big hedge of green to the right are tomatoes and I'm still impatiently awaiting there red hue  to arrive so we can harvest, and oh boy were going to be up to our eyeballs in a variety of tomatoes. The strawberries get picked and eaten on the spot, it's my snack as I water and tend. The bell peppers are finally starting to grow and expand.

Last weekend I transplanted aloes and succulents to the salsa garden. From left to right we have jalapenos, tomatillos, and cilantro.


I believe all my onions are ready to harvest, the tops have lopped over but this may be due to our rapid heat increase in the valley.  I hope all your green thumb projects are growing in abundance. The roadtrip series will be back soon, I've yet to get the photos organized and ready to go.



5 comments:

  1. Holly, your garden is growing so nicely. I love those red onions and the way you braided their ends. Jess grew cilantro one time and loved cooking with it. Oh, you're going to love those tomatoes. There's just nothing like home grown tomatoes. You have quite a garden going there. It's wonderful that you're going to the movies, bowling, trying new places to eat, and enjoying these summer days.

    love, ~Sheri

    ps Jess is the one that is having the baby. We are all so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to reach into my screen, and grab one (or three) of your lemon cucumbers... Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your garden looks fantastic! I am so excited for you and jealous of your snacks, lol. Can't wait to see more and I hope that your solstice was great! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your yummy garden!! It looks so beautiful and delicious! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful your garden has turned out. I remember when it was mostly a plan of yours, but look at all the yummies now!

    ReplyDelete